Are you always tired? Do you feel irregular? Maybe you are having more acne breakouts than normal. Every now and again, toxins build up in our bodies. These toxins come from some of the foods that we eat, the environment, and drugs/medications. Here are some ways that you can detox using nature.
- Juicing. Some people think that juicing is a fad or that it’s not a healthy alternative. It is very good for overall health and weight loss. Juice with ORGANIC fruits and vegetables. Put healthy foods into the body. Some suggestions are kale, spinach, beets (and the leaves), berries, pineapple, green apples, ginger, and turmeric. Ginger makes it “spicy”. A small amount of ginger is good enough, depending on your taste. Both ginger and turmeric are anti-inflammatories.
- Colon cleanse. Colon cleansers are available at GNC or any health food store. Typically, it comes in powder form that you can mix with water or freshly-made juice. It’ll start working within 6 hours. Do the cleanse for no more than 10 days and repeat in 2 months. (If you have an important speech or meeting, it is advisable that you wait until it’s over before taking the colon cleanse).
- Liver cleanse. You can purchase this also or try this recipe at home.
- 3 tbsp. organic vinegar
- 10 drops of organic stevia
- Chopped ginger to taste
- Dash of sea salt
- Add the listed ingredients to a pitcher of distilled, spring, or filtered water. IT IS BEST NOT USE TAP WATER. Drink 8 oz. twice daily for one week.
- Drink water first thing in the morning. Drinking a large glass of water when you first rise in the morning will cleanse you.
- Eat 2 servings of raw vegetables daily. Raw vegetables are high in fiber.
- Fast. This may be new or difficult for many people. There are different types of fasts. You can do one day or 30 days. If you have health issues, consult your doctor first.
- Exercise. When you have a productive workout, you sweat, which releases toxins. You can power walk, jog, play racquetball, or whatever physical activity is enjoyable for you.
- Get a massage. In the midst of COVID-19 and social distancing, you may not be able to go to a spa to get a massage. If you have a spouse or significant other living with you, you can take some quality time to learn the art of a relaxing massage and have fun doing it.
- “Oil pulling”. This is when you would swish coconut oil (1-2 tsp) in your mouth. You would do this no longer than 15 minutes. This removes bacteria from your mouth and in between your teeth. The health of your mouth reflects the health of the rest of the body.
- A complete body cleanse. These kits can also be purchased at your local vitamin store. It promotes overall digestive health. You can do it in 2 days or up to 14 days, depending on which ones you choose.
If you decide to try one or more of these options, let your health coach know. If you have any questions, she can advise you. Happy detoxing!